- Unsalted butter (for pan)
- 1⅓ cups plus 1 Tbsp. (185 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ to 1 tsp. baking powder and baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp all spice, ginger, pumpkin pie spice or other spices you enjoy
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup (255 g) puréed sweet potatoes, pumpkin, squash, carrot
- ¾ cup (180ml) neutral oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ to ¾ cups (100 g) sugar
- 3 large eggs, flax equivalent, or silken tofu
- 1 tsp. vanilla, almond or an extract you love
- Preheat oven to 325°. Lightly butter sides and bottom of a 9×5″ loaf pan or line pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves and other desired spices in a medium bowl to combine.
- Beat sweet potato purée, oil, salt, and sugar in a large bowl until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition before adding the next. Add desired extract (bourbon works too). Beat in dry ingredients until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until a paring knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 90–100 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes. Run a sharp knife around short sides of pan, lift out cake using parchment overhang, and let cool completely. Serve at room temperature.